WMP’s briefing document provides a monthly review of the current intelligence and is also provides the framework for assessing progress in regards to “Liberate” strategic objectives.
Key stats for this month:
- 103 offences recorded overall.
- 57 recorded as “Hold person in slavery or servitude”, followed
by 39 offences as “Arrange or facilitate travel of another person
with a view to exploitation”.
- 46 trafficking, 32 sexual exploitation, 18 labour exploitation.
- UK most popular country of origin for victims (21 Victims),
followed by Poland (17), Albania (13), Vietnam (8) and
- Just over half of the victims have been males.
- Peak age of victims has been between 15 and 33 yrs.
- Three quarters of these offences indicate that there are
elements of organisation involved in regards to arrangement of
travel, work and/or accommodation.
- 215 intelligence logs recorded across the force during the last
three months. 129 have been in regards to labour exploitation,
followed by sexual exploitation (37) and trafficking (33).